REPORT ON MEETING WITH MARIA JOSE SALVADOR RUBERT,
CONSELLERA DE VIVIENDA, OBRAS PUBLICAS Y VERTEBRACIÓN DEL TERRITORIO
1. STRATEGIC PLAN FOR THE VALENCIAN REGION: The region will take a more pro active control regarding PGOU and PAI. This plan will be “vinculante” (binding), not just guidelines.
2. VALENCIA CITY PGOU is a high priority
3. PLAN DE LA HUERTA (VALENCIA CITY). A plan for the agricultural area surrounding the city.
4. PLAN LITORAL “Verde” (ONE YEAR MORATORIUM FOR PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT, WHERE LOCATED WITHIN 500 METERS OF COAST LINE). ALTEA IS A PRIORITY SITUATION (ONE OF 14 SUCH AREAS). The current plan for Altea will not proceed as is.
5. REVIEW AND IN SOME CASES, CANCELLATION OF EXISTING PAIs - Declassification of undeveloped “suelo urbanizable”. The intention is to limit unrealistic growth projections and insist that growth functions as the contiguous extension of existing urban areas, rather than isolated urbanizations.
6. REFORMA DE LOTUP : a revision of the current Valencian land laws. The consellera to read and take note of suggestions presented by AUN.
7. Consellera will contact Socialist MEPs in Brussels to communicate the region’s intentions to the EU Parliament, to indicate the region is on a new path, distinct from that criticized in the Fortou and Auken reports.
The information provided on abusos-no.org is not intended to be legal advice,
but merely conveys general information related to issues commonly encountered.